Read Angie’s Official Press Release and Announcement Videos here (December 22, 2016) .
Update May 5, 2017: the first test results at one of the many upcoming 10-Gigabit hubs are in. Click here for the pics.
Angie’s nationwide fibre roll-out
- We enter your city as per the roll-out schedule (see the table, below), focusing on bringing 10 Gigabit connectivity in on-net or near-net buildings.
- We then realise wireless connectivity in those buildings and areas.
- When those buildings/areas are operational, we start rolling out in the directly surrounding areas. This way you’ll be able to get a Wireless Extreme Gigabit connection within the announced periods.
Angie is connecting hundreds of buildings with 10 Gigabit fibre.
- Below you’ll find a preliminary map of Angie’s 4 Gigabit cities across the UK (schedule for the rest of UK cities follows mid 2017).
- 3,000 on-net buildings (no fibre digging needed, only permission from landlord is required for the placement of Angie’s and the fibre partner’s equipment). This process can take up to 3 months.
- Most buildings near those 3,000 buildings (so-called near-net or off-net) are pre-approved by Angie. We’ll need to dig fibre to those buildings or place 10-Gigabit wireless links on the rooftop. This process can take up to 4 months in most cases due to permits and licensing.
- The process to get your building (on-net, near-net or off-net) can be found here.
Angie is rolling out Wired Extreme (10 Gigabit Fibre) and Wireless Extreme (Gigabit wireless service) across the UK.
Wired Extreme and Wireless Extreme are revolutionary developments. Angie is commoditising Wireless Gigabit service and 10 Gigabit Fibre Optic connectivity.
|Phase I||Fibre-Ready Buildings||Square Miles||City Population||Population Density||Roll-out Planning|
|Total #||Total||(In 1,000s)||per sq. mi|
|Greater London||2,800||607||8,673||14,290||May-Sept 2017|
Angie’s UK Cities Map
– Type your post code (e.g. EC4) to search